Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Update

It's been a while since I've added anything new and nothing is more frustrating than a blog that doesn't get updated. OK, so I can think of a few things that are more frustrating.

Anyhow, 19-20 weeks into the pregnancy and we're seeing some big changes! Literally. The biggest and most exciting is that I'm not sick 24/7 so therefore I'm gaining weight! Heartburn is now a problem, but usually nothing that a little baking soda water can't cure. The baby is really active, especially when I'm laying down. I certainly don't remember Cade being this active so early in the pregnancy, but it's reassuring and fun to feel all the kicks and jabs and body parts pushing out against my belly. I can't believe how big I'm getting. I'm already finding certain things more difficult to do because of the 'expansion' and I have a long way to go! I had to do an inter-library loan to find Ina May's Guide to Natural Childbirth. Apparently there isn't a huge demand for that type of book out here, so it's coming from a city library about 1 hour away. Hopefully that book will help me to find my confidence back about birthing. Currently I'm too nervous to think about it much.

Next on the agenda, picking out names. I have a feeling that won't be accomplished until the very end of the pregnancy.

4 comments:

Melrose said...

yaaayyy!!! fiiinally an update ;)

Im glad you got the book, you should have just told me, I would have sent it...want me to send some of my other books for you?

How does Nick feel? I ask because even when I was feeling scared the second time around, Adam was always confident and had no doubts. This lead me to know that I was safe because I had prayed that if I wasnt that God would let my husband have doubts as well. If both of you were worried, than maybe you should listen to your instincts?

Joy said...

I know, I'm horrible. I check other blogs all the time, mostly for pictures :) but I get to mine when I get to it! I think I wrote something about that in my very first post.

I got the book today, but I have to 'donate' for some of the shipping cost from the other library. Even before I got it, I've been feeling much more confident and Nick has been completely confident the whole time. Maybe I was just watching too many screaming ladies on the 'birth' tv shows?!

Melrose said...

lol, yes, gotta love those screaming ladies with iv's, epidurals, and episiotomy's ;)

Melrose said...

ok, time for another update :)