Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Son

Before Cade was born, I always wondered how he would 'turn out'. Would he be more like Nick or more like me? Would he be loud and crazy or quiet and shy? While he definitely has some characteristics that we never dreamed of, he's also an interesting mix of the 2 of us. As I was looking through some pictures of the past couple of weeks, I realized that something that will keep me going, no matter the day, is how completely RANDOM he is!! It's amazing to stumble upon the things that he comes up with each day. One of my favorite activities, and something that I can't quite capture with a photo, is when he pretends to take animals from books and carry them around. He takes care of them and asks me to hold them and tells me what they are doing. Then suddenly they are gone and he's on to his next fun thing.


Seriously cool.



Frog man



Wearing a hard hat like Grandpa, saggin his pants like, Dad?




Walking around chatting with Grandma, wearing a headless Veggie Tales shirt.




This guy loves to help with dishes, laundry, and vacuuming! This was the first he's ever used a vacuum that didn't resemble his plastic golf club! I was impressed.




He was quiet. Too quiet.




"I'm just working on my sermon, Mom."






I don't feel that words can really capture what is happening here.







1 comment:

Melrose said...

LOL, is that some kind of new liturgical dance?? What are you two teaching him anyways!? HAHAHA (just kidding!) Dont you just love our little Lutheran boys? so cute. I cant wait to see pictures of your new little one :D