Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stay at Home

It's so strange!! Nick and I have been married for 4 glorious (adventurous?) years. In that time, I've always been on the go, either with classes, clinicals, and these last few years, work. I had gotten used to just a few short hours in the morning with Cade and then just trying to survive until evening. Now, he has a 'real job' and is gone 8 or more hours a day! Sometimes I don't even make it out of the house for a couple days in a row! I was worried about this transition but you know what? I like it. I love spending all day with Cade. I love not feeling rushed. Somedays I actually *gasp* like doing dishes. I always knew I might enjoy cooking if I could do it on my own time, and it has been pretty enjoyable. I never wanted to be a mom. I never wanted to be a stay at home wifey. I thought it would all be so boring and routine. Wow. I sure am not afraid to admit when I'm wrong! Everyday is full of change. Either it's crazy busy or totally relaxed. Full of housework or full of art work. Solitude or all family, all day. Lounging or laps around town. I love being a mom and wife. Somedays I feel almost guilty for the enormous amount of happiness and love I feel. God truly is in control. If he wasn't, I'd be missing out on some completely awesome experiences.

No comments: